Mizar32 - problem with board ethernet / rtc

Marcus Vinicius Costa Marcus Vinicius Costa

Mizar32 - problem with board ethernet / rtc

Hi all,

Has anyone worked with the Mizar32's Ethernet board?

I have a strange problem when I plug  the ethernet card on the mainboard of Mizar32.
Everything works perfectly, but when I plug the ethernet board stop all, I can not access nothing and eLua shell not respond too, and just removing the ethernet card and everything returns to normal.

I have done to measure the power of the board and is normal, no apparent short circuit ...

Does anyone know what be happening?

Best
Marcus Vinicius

Martin Guy Martin Guy

Re: Mizar32 - problem with board ethernet / rtc

On 13 June 2012 23:18, Marcus Vinicius Costa <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Has anyone worked with the Mizar32's Ethernet board?
>
> I have a strange problem when I plug  the ethernet card on the mainboard of
> Mizar32.
> Everything works perfectly, but when I plug the ethernet board stop all, I
> can not access nothing and eLua shell not respond too, and just removing the
> ethernet card and everything returns to normal.

hi!
  The problem is that the firmware blocks trying to acquire the PHY ID
of the ethernet cable.
The solution is to connect it to a hub or something similar.  Even if
there isn't DHCP, it should come up anyway and poll for DHCP

Let me know if this solves your problem & thanks for trying Mizar32

Marcus Vinicius Costa Marcus Vinicius Costa

Re: Mizar32 - problem with board ethernet / rtc

Hi Martin,

Thanks for help, your solution solved the problem and the board works perfectly now...
The ethernet module in mizar32 works better than LM3S8962, my last board, its perfect.

Thanks again

Marcus