Mizar32 Hardware

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Mizar32 Hardware

Hi all,

first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of Mizar32.

Ciao,
Nuccio

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

Hi,

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
> then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of Mizar32.

It's great to have you here. I'm sure questions will start to come in
the near future :)

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

I will do my best to answer :-)

Cheers,
Nuccio

Il giorno gio, 13/01/2011 alle 13.00 +0200, Bogdan Marinescu ha
scritto:

> Hi,
>
> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 9:46 PM, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
> > then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of Mizar32.
>
> It's great to have you here. I'm sure questions will start to come in
> the near future :)
>
> Best,
> Bogdan

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:46, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all,

first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of Mizar32.

Thank you Nuccio ! It is great to have you here.
And welcome to the list.

Are you planning to add a shield with a graphic display anytime soon ?
Or you work mostly on the main board and leave the shields design for others ?

Ciao,
Nuccio

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

Hi Dado,
it is not so impossible, but as we have not the memory bus on Mizar's
Bus,  we should settle for a small display with the SPI interface...
Also we have in the pipeline, a "virtual" display using a web browser
through the network.

Ciao,
Nuccio

Il giorno ven, 14/01/2011 alle 13.20 -0200, Dado Sutter ha scritto:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:46, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         Hi all,
>
>         first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
>         then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of
>         Mizar32.
>
> Thank you Nuccio ! It is great to have you here.
> And welcome to the list.
>
> Are you planning to add a shield with a graphic display anytime soon ?
> Or you work mostly on the main board and leave the shields design for
> others ?
>

>         Ciao,
>         Nuccio
>
> Best
> Dado

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

Hello,

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 15:34, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi Dado,
it is not so impossible, but as we have not the memory bus on Mizar's
Bus,  we should settle for a small display with the SPI interface...

Sure, I had one of the Nokia's in mind. They are easier to find than bananas here now :) on oudated cell phones.
Sparkfun sells dev kits for them too (as the hardest part of the whole project is actually it's tiny and fragile interfacing connector)

Also we have in the pipeline, a "virtual" display using a web browser
through the network.

Nice to hear that !
It will require the Ethernet shield and a PC.  We have lots of games created for the OLED display (SPI) that comes with the LM3S kits from TI/LM and it would be nice to see them running on the Mizar32 one day too.

Ciao,
Nuccio

Il giorno ven, 14/01/2011 alle 13.20 -0200, Dado Sutter ha scritto:

> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:46, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]>
> wrote:
>         Hi all,
>
>         first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
>         then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of
>         Mizar32.
>
> Thank you Nuccio ! It is great to have you here.
> And welcome to the list.
>
> Are you planning to add a shield with a graphic display anytime soon ?
> Or you work mostly on the main board and leave the shields design for
> others ?
>

>         Ciao,
>         Nuccio
>
> Best
> Dado

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi Dado,
> it is not so impossible, but as we have not the memory bus on Mizar's
> Bus,  we should settle for a small display with the SPI interface...
> Also we have in the pipeline, a "virtual" display using a web browser
> through the network.

Wow, this sounds interesting. How would you accomplish this on the
software side?

> Il giorno ven, 14/01/2011 alle 13.20 -0200, Dado Sutter ha scritto:
>>

>> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:46, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>>         Hi all,
>>
>>         first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
>>         then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of
>>         Mizar32.
>>
>> Thank you Nuccio ! It is great to have you here.
>> And welcome to the list.
>>
>> Are you planning to add a shield with a graphic display anytime soon ?
>> Or you work mostly on the main board and leave the shields design for
>> others ?
>>

>>         Ciao,
>>         Nuccio
>>
>> Best
>> Dado

Nuccio Raciti Nuccio Raciti

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

Il giorno sab, 15/01/2011 alle 20.48 +0200, Bogdan Marinescu ha
scritto:

> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 7:34 PM, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > Hi Dado,
> > it is not so impossible, but as we have not the memory bus on Mizar's
> > Bus,  we should settle for a small display with the SPI interface...
> > Also we have in the pipeline, a "virtual" display using a web browser
> > through the network.
>
> Wow, this sounds interesting. How would you accomplish this on the
> software side?

First of all the display could  show just web widget or static pictures

It is a very ambitious idea, first it should be a web server with the
elua interpreter in order to process the HTML (obtained from sd card of
course) with some Elua tag.
Do you know PHP?
Some think like that:
<?lua
some_elua_code_that_produce_html_output
?>
then maybe using a better web server and AJAX technologies ...

http://dojotoolkit.org/widgets

Ciao,
Nuccio

> Best,
> Bogdan
>
> > Il giorno ven, 14/01/2011 alle 13.20 -0200, Dado Sutter ha scritto:
> >>

> >> On Tue, Jan 11, 2011 at 17:46, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]>
> >> wrote:
> >>         Hi all,
> >>
> >>         first of all thank your for your great work with Elua,
> >>         then I would offer my support for questions about Hardware of
> >>         Mizar32.
> >>
> >> Thank you Nuccio ! It is great to have you here.
> >> And welcome to the list.
> >>
> >> Are you planning to add a shield with a graphic display anytime soon ?
> >> Or you work mostly on the main board and leave the shields design for
> >> others ?
> >>

> >>         Ciao,
> >>         Nuccio
> >>
> >> Best
> >> Dado

Re: Mizar32 Hardware

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 10:09 PM, Nuccio Raciti <[hidden email]> wrote:

> First of all the display could  show just web widget or static pictures
>
> It is a very ambitious idea, first it should be a web server with the
> elua interpreter in order to process the HTML (obtained from sd card of
> course) with some Elua tag.
> Do you know PHP?
> Some think like that:
> <?lua
> some_elua_code_that_produce_html_output
> ?>

I understand the idea, thank you. LuaRPC (also available in eLua)
might be of some use here, since it allows you to execute code on the
eLua board from the Lua interpreter on the PC. So you could 'talk' to
the board directly from the Lua code embedded in the HTML generator.

> then maybe using a better web server and AJAX technologies ...
>
> http://dojotoolkit.org/widgets

Very interesting! Good luck with this, I can't wait to see the results :)