MBed Ethernet

gduarte gduarte

MBed Ethernet

Hello people,
I'm trying to use MBed ethernet capabilities, but I saw that eLua does not support net module over MBed. I could only use ethernet using the online MBed compiler, but I would like to use it in eLua. Tips?

Cheers
--
Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185

Re: MBed Ethernet

When this port was originally done, I didn't happen to have an ethernet connector to implement and test with.  I also wasn't able to adapt eLua to compile in their online compiler since it depends on some C99 features that weren't available in their setup at the time.  So, the port is a low-level one not using the mbed libraries.

I don't know that we have an example of an ethernet implementation for another LPC chip, but it may not be too difficult to add to the port.  If I recall mbed might have also open sourced some of their libraries under an MIT licence which could serve as a starting point for this?  Or NXP may have an example implementation with their peripheral libraries?

On Fri, Apr 5, 2013 at 12:09 AM, Gabriel Duarte <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hello people,
I'm trying to use MBed ethernet capabilities, but I saw that eLua does not support net module over MBed. I could only use ethernet using the online MBed compiler, but I would like to use it in eLua. Tips?

Cheers
--
Gabriel Duarte
Linux User #471185
Rio de Janeiro / RJ
http://genericdev.wordpress.com/

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386

gduarte gduarte

Re: MBed Ethernet

I do not have an Ethernet jack to connect as well, so I plugged a cable directly, using 4 of the 8 wires inside it, to RD+, RD-, TX+ and TX-. I grabbed an example from MBed's website and it's now running a small webserver since yesterday here!

Now, port it to eLua would be a great good, I think. I do not know if I'm right, but MBed now uses lwIp for tcp stack and ethernet drivers, so, I do not know in what it implies.

2013/4/5 James Snyder <[hidden email]>
[...]

ph: <a href="tel:%28847%29%20448-0386" value="+558474480386" target="_blank">(847) 448-0386

gduarte gduarte