Large pictures on the User Wiki

King, Mike King, Mike

Large pictures on the User Wiki

The large pictures on the user wiki can mess with the page layout on small screens.  Does the wiki have the option to show thumbnail images with the option to show the original?

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain information that is confidential or proprietary to K&L Microwave, Inc. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited.
If this communication has been transmitted from a U.S. location it may also contain data subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or U.S. Export Administration Regulations and, if so, cannot be disseminated, distributed or copied to foreign nationals, residing in the U.S. or abroad, without the prior approval of the U.S. Department of State or appropriate export licensing authority. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender by reply e-mail and delete or destroy all copies of this e-mail message and/or any file attachment(s).

Re: Large pictures on the User Wiki

Sorry Mike,
   It was my fault, that wanted to use my very few available minutes/day on these days to announce something nice, hoping that somebody else could help adjusting it to decent sizes. I thought that the table width/height parameters would do the trick and I left the picture resizing for sometime later, afterall this is why we have a Wiki, to refine it continuously in a true collaborative way.
   But it was my bad to have published the way it was and I'll be more careful from now on.

Thanks for the note!

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 13:18, King, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

King, Mike King, Mike

Re: Large pictures on the User Wiki

I’m sorry my message could be interpreted as a complaint.  My intent was to ask the general question about pictures especially large ones.  I’m willing to invest some time in finding out how to use thumbnails once I know the community thinks it’s a good idea.

In the future, would it be best to make changes to the wiki without requesting feedback/permission?  My nature feeling towards changing someone else’s work is to first to ask permission.

Re: Large pictures on the User Wiki

I’m sorry my message could be interpreted as a complaint.  My intent was to ask the general question about pictures especially large ones.  I’m willing to invest some time in finding out how to use thumbnails once I know the community thinks it’s a good idea.

In the future, would it be best to make changes to the wiki without requesting feedback/permission?

By all means, please go ahead. Initiatives like this one can only help.

On Tue, Apr 20, 2010 at 15:03, King, Mike <[hidden email]> wrote:

In the future, would it be best to make changes to the wiki without requesting feedback/permission?  My nature feeling towards changing someone else’s work is to first to ask permission.

Thanks for the changes!, they look good now and please feel free to edit/add whatever you feel like.
I don't know how to handle thumbnails in MoinMoin but it's help has shown to be very useful for everything I searched so far.
We are also opened to sugestions for the general structure of the wiki. What we have today was simply the result of the initial content introduction.