Interesting Potential eLua Platform

I assume some of you may have seen this already, but I'll mention it
on the list: Illuminato X Machina
Covered by Hack A Day: http://hackaday.com/2009/08/20/modular-computing/
Blog Posting By Creators: http://antipastohw.blogspot.com/2009/08/introducing-illuminato-x-machina.html
Pre-Order: http://www.liquidware.com/shop/show/IXM/Illuminato+X+Machina

It uses an LPC2368, so according to the NXP product page it should
have 512KB flash and 58K of SRAM.  It sounds like it might also have
an extra 128K EEPROM.

Individual cells are going for US$56.89 for their first run, for which
they're taking pre-orders.

Honestly, I'm not sure I'm sold on the practicality of these sorts of
cell/network boards much beyond the neatness and research factors, but
I suppose you could do things like configure a strip of these
controlling different devices but still communicating with one-
another, or use something like this for failover.  Also, I can
definitely appreciate the idea of being able to just make a grid and
flash a whole bunch of them without intervention for each device :-)

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: 847.448.0386

smime.p7s (5K) Download Attachment