I2C commands example please

Ra Do Ra Do

I2C commands example please

Hello all. a great project you've got going here.

I recently got my hands on a couple of STM32F4 Discovery boards and got curious what I could do with it using eLua.

I've setup a Windows eLua buld environment and successfully built eLua for the STMF32F4 board (thank you James for helping out!).
The binary seems to work fine, however when I try to use the I2C commands I keep getting nil value error messages.

Could someone please post a short I2C command(s) example that works on their boards, so I could try the same on mine ?
I have a suspicion that my binary was not built properly and that's why the I2C commands don't work properly.

thank you!
Rad

Re: I2C commands example please

On Sun, Nov 13, 2011 at 12:51 PM, Ra Do <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello all. a great project you've got going here.
>
> I recently got my hands on a couple of STM32F4 Discovery boards and got
> curious what I could do with it using eLua.
>
> I've setup a Windows eLua buld environment and successfully built eLua for
> the STMF32F4 board (thank you James for helping out!).
> The binary seems to work fine, however when I try to use the I2C commands I
> keep getting nil value error messages.
>
> Could someone please post a short I2C command(s) example that works on their
> boards, so I could try the same on mine ?
> I have a suspicion that my binary was not built properly and that's why the
> I2C commands don't work properly.

That would be because that module actually hasn't been implemented for
that platform yet, as far as I can tell.

It would likely not be too complicated to add it.  str9 or or avr32
could be used as examples of existing platforms that support i2c.

Best.

-jsnyder