Howto monitor multiple event sources / Howto enter low power mode?

becki becki

Howto monitor multiple event sources / Howto enter low power mode?

Newbie question: How can I monitor multiple event sources at once?
For example how can i handle two TCP connectons at the same time? If possible, polling / busy waiting should be avoided to allow low power mode when nothing is happening.
On Linux i would use select() or poll() for that task. What would be the idiomatic eLua solution?

Re: Howto monitor multiple event sources / Howto enter low power mode?

Hi,

We don't have something like that implemented in eLua (yet). It would require a sort of RTOS, or at least a system-wide event loop. Both are quite large changes and I doubt they'll make it into the source tree anytime soon.

becki becki

Re: Howto monitor multiple event sources / Howto enter low power mode?

Thanks for your help!