How elua uses memory?

juani221 juani221

How elua uses memory?

Hi! New here in the forum...

Can someone explain to me how elua uses memory? (Stack and heap). What goes to stack and what goes to heap?

(sorry my bad english)

Thank you.
raman raman

Re: How elua uses memory?

Hi,

> What goes to stack and what goes to heap?

That is really a philosophical question to me. Stacks can be
implemented in HW on the MCU. Stacking can also be entirely done in
SRAM. That depends on where you're observing memory usage. Are you in
the eLua world writing Lua code on the MCU OR are you in the C world
that implements the (modified) core of Lua for MCUs and all the
marshalling details for eLua?

juani221 juani221

Re: How elua uses memory?

Thank you for your answer. We're trying to Port eLua to a board, we mapped stack entirely in SRAM. But stack has a strange behavior, we run a script written in Lua that's creates functions and call them and we control stack usage in different parts of the script but stack usage is always the same..

Juan.