How does one get started on porting eLau to a micro controller?

Hal Hal

How does one get started on porting eLau to a micro controller?

Are there any wiki pages or guides I can read up on?  Or a checklist?  I've basically only used eLua on the esp8622 and don't know much about how one gets eLua on a micro controller but would like to learn about that.

I'm planning to download some code for different platforms and review but where should I look in the code?  How is the hardware abstracted since each controller offers different features?

Thanks for any pointers.

raman raman

Re: How does one get started on porting eLau to a micro controller?

Dear Hal,

> Are there any wiki pages or guides I can read up on?  Or a
> checklist?  I've basically only used eLua on the esp8622 and
> don't know much about how one gets eLua on a micro controller but
> would like to learn about that.

Have you read this [1] tutorial?

> I'm planning to download some code for different platforms and
> review but where should I look in the code?  How is the hardware
> abstracted since each controller offers different features?

You can find HW abstraction code in src/ (Check src/common.c OR
src/common_tmr.c for example). Platform specific code is in
src/platform/<foo-platform>/. Lua modules can be found in src/modules.
For example, see src/modules/uart.c.

I hope this helps. You can always post again if you run into
problems. Good luck!