Handling serial ports in eLua

david collier david collier

Handling serial ports in eLua

I have done a bit of familiarisation with Lua by using it on a PC to chat
to a unit of ours that talks serial.

But that involves using a luars232 library which I'm guessing is
big-computer-specific.

What would one use on a modem or a single-chipper in an OS-less
situation?

Or does someone rewrite luars232 for each build?

D.

Re: Handling serial ports in eLua

Hi,

On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 8:09 PM, David Collier <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I have done a bit of familiarisation with Lua by using it on a PC to chat
> to a unit of ours that talks serial.
>
> But that involves using a luars232 library which I'm guessing is
> big-computer-specific.
>
> What would one use on a modem or a single-chipper in an OS-less
> situation?

One would probably have to use the eLua serial API:

http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/v0.8/en_refman_gen_uart.html

It's not aiming to be compatible with any other serial API, just to be
easy to use and embedded friendly.