Free ToolChain for CortexM3

Gregor Rebel Gregor Rebel

Free ToolChain for CortexM3

Hi,

I've found the GCC for Cortex M3 article on your webpage.
( http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/master/en_tc_cortex.html) <http://www.eluaproject.net/doc/master/en_tc_cortex.html>

I was bored by the fact, that no free ready to use CM3 toolchain exists for Linux.
Therefore, I have written some scripts to automate toolchain building.

One may find an assembled tarball at http://hlb-labor.de/cortexm3/
The installation can be started as follows:

cd
mkdir Source
cd Source
wget -c http://hlb-labor.de/projekte/cortexm3/ToolChain_STM32_current.tar.bz
tar xjf ToolChain_STM32_current.tar.bz
cd ToolChain_STM32/ToolChain/
./installAll.sh

This should download, patch, configure, compile and install some libraries and tools.
The compiler used is currently based on binary tools from CodeSourcery, but will change to GCC soon.

Installed Features:
+ ARM None EABI GCC from CodeSourcery
+ OpenOCD v0.5.0
+ Ready to compile framework with makefile providing
    - Library FreeRTOS Multitasking Scheduler
    - ST StandardPeripheralsLibrary
    - Example Source LED heartbeat showing thread communication
    - Example color LCD support for Olimex Protoboard STM32-LCD
    - Example TCP/IP stack support (uIP) for Olimex Protoboard STM32-P107
    - FixPoint Math Library (IQmath)

I would be glad, if I could integrate eLua as an additional feature into the toolchain.
Maybe you could test the toolchain and give me some feedbacks on it?

regards,

Gregor