Flashing LM3Ss under Linux

Hello,
   Does anybody have experience with flashing Luminary Micro (now TI) Cortex-M3 based boards under Linux ? Either with OpenOCD or other framework ?

http://www.moteprime.org/article.php?id=27
(Thanks Thiago !)

Re: Flashing LM3Ss under Linux

I do have gotten it to work with OpenOCD on Mac OS X.  I can put up a
.cfg file that is a combination of configuration and flashing script
if that's what you need.

I presume it will work on Linux as well, so long as you can get a
recent version of OpenOCD to compile w/ libftdi support.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>    Does anybody have experience with flashing Luminary Micro (now TI)
> Cortex-M3 based boards under Linux ? Either with OpenOCD or other framework
> ?
>
> http://www.moteprime.org/article.php?id=27
> (Thanks Thiago !)
>
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:27, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do have gotten it to work with OpenOCD on Mac OS X.

   That is good news for Thiago too.

 I can put up a
.cfg file that is a combination of configuration and flashing script
if that's what you need.

   We're successfully using OpenOCD for the STR-E912 (thanks Bogdan!).
   We've used it before for the MOD711 (ARM7) but something happened on one of OpenOCD's (or Ubuntu's) updates and we can't flash them anymore. But we'll attack it again sometime next week. Tks for the .cfg offer.

I presume it will work on Linux as well, so long as you can get a
recent version of OpenOCD to compile w/ libftdi support.

Hopefully, the same one we're using to flash STR-E912 already.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hello,
>    Does anybody have experience with flashing Luminary Micro (now TI)
> Cortex-M3 based boards under Linux ? Either with OpenOCD or other framework
> ?
>
> http://www.moteprime.org/article.php?id=27
> (Thanks Thiago !)
>
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386

Re: Flashing LM3Ss under Linux

I've attached the config and script I've been using.

Note, you'll need to edit program.script to have the right path.

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 11:37 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 02:27, James Snyder <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> I do have gotten it to work with OpenOCD on Mac OS X.
>
>    That is good news for Thiago too.
>

>>  I can put up a
>> .cfg file that is a combination of configuration and flashing script
>> if that's what you need.
>
>    We're successfully using OpenOCD for the STR-E912 (thanks Bogdan!).
>    We've used it before for the MOD711 (ARM7) but something happened on one
> of OpenOCD's (or Ubuntu's) updates and we can't flash them anymore. But
> we'll attack it again sometime next week. Tks for the .cfg offer.
>>
>> I presume it will work on Linux as well, so long as you can get a
>> recent version of OpenOCD to compile w/ libftdi support.
>
> Hopefully, the same one we're using to flash STR-E912 already.
>
> Best
> Dado
>

>> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 10:22 PM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]>
>> wrote:
>> > Hello,
>> >    Does anybody have experience with flashing Luminary Micro (now TI)
>> > Cortex-M3 based boards under Linux ? Either with OpenOCD or other
>> > framework
>> > ?
>> >
>> > http://www.moteprime.org/article.php?id=27
>> > (Thanks Thiago !)
>> >
>> > Best
>> > Dado

>> --
>> James Snyder
>> Biomedical Engineering
>> Northwestern University
>> [hidden email]
>> PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
>> Phone: (847) 448-0386

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386

program.script (344 bytes) Download Attachment
lm3s-libftdi.cfg (1K) Download Attachment