Cypress PSOC5

tobor tobor

Cypress PSOC5

Any chance anyone has implemented a port for this processor?

Bill

hrh1818 hrh1818

Re: Cypress PSOC5

On 3/15/2011 5:30 PM, Bill wrote:
Any chance anyone has implemented a port for this processor?

Bill

Most ports of elua are for microcontrollers with 512KB or more of flash memory.  The PSOC 5 series of microcontrollers only have 256KB of flash memory.  Plus the development system is costly compared to other products with 512 KB or more of flash memory.  Hence this sounds like a DIY port.

Howard

Re: Cypress PSOC5

Hello,

On Tue, Mar 15, 2011 at 21:02, Howard Hansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
On 3/15/2011 5:30 PM, Bill wrote:
Any chance anyone has implemented a port for this processor?

Bill

Most ports of elua are for microcontrollers with 512KB or more of flash memory.  The PSOC 5 series of microcontrollers only have 256KB of flash memory.  Plus the development system is costly compared to other products with 512 KB or more of flash memory.  Hence this sounds like a DIY port.

   Please let me put this in a slightly different way.
   Most of our current targets are actually around 256KB Flash and yes, new platforms are appearing (for about the same price as previous) with 512KB and it will soon be a "standard".
   I don't know if our current toolchains have complete support for the Cypress PSOC 5 series. But as I imagine your are interested in the models with Cortex-M3 cores, I think it should not be too hard to add support for their peripherals, if Cypress has a good (and free) open source library to be used (I couldn't find it in the first look.)
   Although we are concentrating in some let-s-make-eLua-easier-for-the-final-users topics and the preparation of a new site and doc structure, we will be glad to help an initiative of porting to this or any other new platform.
   You have probably seen our "Supported Kits" section on the wiki (http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Boards). At the end of it (it should probably be moved to a dedicated section one of these days) there is an "Other Kits Candidates" section, where you can add your suggestions, together with good reasons and motivations so other users may become interested too.
   By the way their "Electronic Product Selector Guide" at http://www.cypress.com/?id=2233 looks very impressive to me.
   Thanks for the suggestion !!!

Howard