CMSIS

While looking to grab a copy of the STM programming guide, I ran across CMSIS (Cortex Microcontroller Software Interface Standard), which looks to be providing a common set of APIs for basic peripherals on a number of Cortex-M3 and Cortex-M0 platforms.  Has anyone else run across this or given this a try?  I suppose this could make it so that new ports could be done with less custom code.  It certainly doesn't cover a wide range of peripherals, but it does include things like startup, initializing the NVIC as well as standard interfaces for UART, Ethernet & SPI devices.

http://www.onarm.com/download/download389.asp

http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
ph: (847) 448-0386