Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Andy.Shi Andy.Shi

Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Not that I know of. Shouldn't be a large effort though.

Andy.Shi Andy.Shi

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

thanks Bogdan, I am new to eLua, what I want is implement the eLua
into a STM32F107 controller with TCP/IP and FAT file system support. I
am not familiar with GCC enviroment, I want to port the source code to
Keil MDK project. anywhere can find a guidline or instructions? or
some one has done similar porting?  thanks!

Best regards!
Andy Shi

Thanks and best regards!
Andy

2010/7/30 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>:

> Not that I know of. Shouldn't be a large effort though.
>
> Best,
> Bogdan

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

You may find that porting to Keil MDK might take a bit of work, unless
it would be using newlib as the C library.  The way we hook system
calls differs between embedded C libraries, and we currently use
newlib's style for this.

I believe getting it up and going on STM32F107 should be relatively
simple, since I believe the version of the STM32 standard peripheral
library we use includes STM32F107 support.  If I recall correctly,
supporting this platform would likely only require some changes to
platform_conf.h to reflect peripheral support.  Next conf.py will need
to add a section that will turn on a define for "STM32F10X_HD" for the
currently supported targets or "STM32F10X_CL" for the target you're
wanting.  The startup code for GCC will need to be added and reflected
in conf.py.  currently the "startup_stm32f10x_hd.s" is for the high
density line, the stm32 standard peripheral library will have an
equivalent file for the connectivity parts.

There are a few other changes like adding the specific board/mcu to
SConstruct, but that might be most of it.

On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> thanks Bogdan, I am new to eLua, what I want is implement the eLua
> into a STM32F107 controller with TCP/IP and FAT file system support. I
> am not familiar with GCC enviroment, I want to port the source code to
> Keil MDK project. anywhere can find a guidline or instructions? or
> some one has done similar porting?  thanks!
>
> Best regards!
> Andy Shi
>
> Thanks and best regards!
> Andy
>

> 2010/7/30 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>:
>> Not that I know of. Shouldn't be a large effort though.
>>
>> Best,
>> Bogdan
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386
Andy.Shi Andy.Shi

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Thanks James,  I am going to have a simple evaluation before porting.
I will post questions if go into further development.

Thanks and best regards!
Andy

2010/8/3 James Snyder <[hidden email]>:

> You may find that porting to Keil MDK might take a bit of work, unless
> it would be using newlib as the C library.  The way we hook system
> calls differs between embedded C libraries, and we currently use
> newlib's style for this.
>
> I believe getting it up and going on STM32F107 should be relatively
> simple, since I believe the version of the STM32 standard peripheral
> library we use includes STM32F107 support.  If I recall correctly,
> supporting this platform would likely only require some changes to
> platform_conf.h to reflect peripheral support.  Next conf.py will need
> to add a section that will turn on a define for "STM32F10X_HD" for the
> currently supported targets or "STM32F10X_CL" for the target you're
> wanting.  The startup code for GCC will need to be added and reflected
> in conf.py.  currently the "startup_stm32f10x_hd.s" is for the high
> density line, the stm32 standard peripheral library will have an
> equivalent file for the connectivity parts.
>
> There are a few other changes like adding the specific board/mcu to
> SConstruct, but that might be most of it.
>
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> thanks Bogdan, I am new to eLua, what I want is implement the eLua
>> into a STM32F107 controller with TCP/IP and FAT file system support. I
>> am not familiar with GCC enviroment, I want to port the source code to
>> Keil MDK project. anywhere can find a guidline or instructions? or
>> some one has done similar porting?  thanks!
>>
>> Best regards!
>> Andy Shi
>>
>> Thanks and best regards!
>> Andy
>>

>> 2010/7/30 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>:
>>> Not that I know of. Shouldn't be a large effort though.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --
> James Snyder
> Biomedical Engineering
> Northwestern University
> [hidden email]
> PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
> Phone: (847) 448-0386
Ronan Paixão-2 Ronan Paixão-2

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Take a look at the ET-STM32 port. It's for a STM32F103, which is pretty much the same, except for the ethernet part.

Ronan

2010/8/2 Shiqiang <[hidden email]>
Thanks James,  I am going to have a simple evaluation before porting.
I will post questions if go into further development.

Thanks and best regards!
Andy

2010/8/3 James Snyder <[hidden email]>:
> You may find that porting to Keil MDK might take a bit of work, unless
> it would be using newlib as the C library.  The way we hook system
> calls differs between embedded C libraries, and we currently use
> newlib's style for this.
>
> I believe getting it up and going on STM32F107 should be relatively
> simple, since I believe the version of the STM32 standard peripheral
> library we use includes STM32F107 support.  If I recall correctly,
> supporting this platform would likely only require some changes to
> platform_conf.h to reflect peripheral support.  Next conf.py will need
> to add a section that will turn on a define for "STM32F10X_HD" for the
> currently supported targets or "STM32F10X_CL" for the target you're
> wanting.  The startup code for GCC will need to be added and reflected
> in conf.py.  currently the "startup_stm32f10x_hd.s" is for the high
> density line, the stm32 standard peripheral library will have an
> equivalent file for the connectivity parts.
>
> There are a few other changes like adding the specific board/mcu to
> SConstruct, but that might be most of it.
>
> On Sun, Aug 1, 2010 at 4:53 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> thanks Bogdan, I am new to eLua, what I want is implement the eLua
>> into a STM32F107 controller with TCP/IP and FAT file system support. I
>> am not familiar with GCC enviroment, I want to port the source code to
>> Keil MDK project. anywhere can find a guidline or instructions? or
>> some one has done similar porting?  thanks!
>>
>> Best regards!
>> Andy Shi
>>
>> Thanks and best regards!
>> Andy
>>

>> 2010/7/30 Bogdan Marinescu <[hidden email]>:
>>> Not that I know of. Shouldn't be a large effort though.
>>>
>>> Best,
>>> Bogdan
>>>
>>> On Fri, Jul 30, 2010 at 6:40 AM, Shiqiang <[hidden email]> wrote:

> --
> James Snyder
> Biomedical Engineering
> Northwestern University
> [hidden email]
> PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
> Phone: (847) 448-0386
Andy.Shi Andy.Shi

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

Yes I am now evaluating it, the chanllenge to me is the comiplier
enviroment.  looks a little confused than Keil MDK IDE.

Thanks and best regards!
Andy

2010/8/3 Ronan Paixão <[hidden email]>:

> Take a look at the ET-STM32 port. It's for a STM32F103, which is pretty much
> the same, except for the ethernet part.
>
> Ronan
>
> 2010/8/2 Shiqiang <[hidden email]>
>>
>> Thanks James,  I am going to have a simple evaluation before porting.
>> I will post questions if go into further development.
>>
>> Thanks and best regards!
>> Andy
>>

>> 2010/8/3 James Snyder <[hidden email]>:
>> > You may find that porting to Keil MDK might take a bit of work, unless
>> > it would be using newlib as the C library.  The way we hook system
>> > calls differs between embedded C libraries, and we currently use
>> > newlib's style for this.
>> >
>> > I believe getting it up and going on STM32F107 should be relatively
>> > simple, since I believe the version of the STM32 standard peripheral
>> > library we use includes STM32F107 support.  If I recall correctly,
>> > supporting this platform would likely only require some changes to
>> > platform_conf.h to reflect peripheral support.  Next conf.py will need
>> > to add a section that will turn on a define for "STM32F10X_HD" for the
>> > currently supported targets or "STM32F10X_CL" for the target you're
>> > wanting.  The startup code for GCC will need to be added and reflected
>> > in conf.py.  currently the "startup_stm32f10x_hd.s" is for the high
>> > density line, the stm32 standard peripheral library will have an
>> > equivalent file for the connectivity parts.
>> >
>> > There are a few other changes like adding the specific board/mcu to
>> > SConstruct, but that might be most of it.

>> > --
>> > James Snyder
>> > Biomedical Engineering
>> > Northwestern University
>> > [hidden email]
>> > PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
>> > Phone: (847) 448-0386

Re: Any One Is Porting elau to stm32f107?

There's not a nice clean IDE w/ a plain GCC + newlib toolchain.  You
should be able to use CodeSourcery's G++ Lite to build eLua:
http://www.codesourcery.com/sgpp/lite/arm/portal/release1294

They have a commercial poduct with an IDE that uses Eclipse (as does
MDK if I recall).  I'm not sure how easy it would be to use the IDE w/
our sources, but the same gcc toolchain is installed behind G++ Lite
and the commercial version.

Essentially, though one just needs a cross-compiling gcc+newlib
toolchain, python, and a native gcc compiler on the native platform to
build eLua.