Adding other files to web builder

Paul Verbeke Paul Verbeke

Adding other files to web builder

Hi,

I was looking through some old posts and it seems that someone else had a problem with MMC on the LM3S8962 board on April 22 2010. Mr Tze-Chien Chu found that in the platform_conf.h file line 191 that it should read as follows:

#ifndef SDC_SPI_NUM <--- Original

#ifndef MMCS_SPI_NUM <--- To be modified

There is a good chance that this may be the problem with the LM3S6965 as well. I tried in vain to add it to the ROMFS in the web builder but that did not work, did not really expect it to... Is there a way to add modified core files to replace the originals from the trunk to the build in addition to the ROMFS? I looked at the advanced settings too but could not find anything there.

This would at least let users try out fixes like this beforehand. If this is not possible could someone that has the right setup build a binary with the above fix in it so I can try it?

Thanks,

Paul

Re: Adding other files to web builder

Hello,

On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 20:03, Paul Verbeke <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

I was looking through some old posts and it seems that someone else had a problem with MMC on the LM3S8962 board on April 22 2010. Mr Tze-Chien Chu found that in the platform_conf.h file line 191 that it should read as follows:

#ifndef SDC_SPI_NUM <--- Original

#ifndef MMCS_SPI_NUM <--- To be modified

There is a good chance that this may be the problem with the LM3S6965 as well.

Sorry, I can't check this before next week.

I tried in vain to add it to the ROMFS in the web builder but that did not work, did not really expect it to... Is there a way to add modified core files to replace the originals from the trunk to the build in addition to the ROMFS? I looked at the advanced settings too but could not find anything there.

Nope, not on the web builder (yet)

This would at least let users try out fixes like this beforehand.

The web builder was first targeted at Lua-only programmers that would have too much trouble installing local toolchains. But it is nice to see it would be trusted and used by hard-core developers, as we plan to add more and more features to it.

If this is not possible could someone that has the right setup build a binary with the above fix in it so I can try it?

Sure, I'll be glad to do it but not before next week :( I'm out of Rio and I'll be offline from this afternoon until monday).
Maybe someone else from my Lab, let's see.

Thanks,

Paul

Thanks !

Re: Adding other files to web builder

This was a bug that got fixed in trunk, but the builder has a fresh
0.7 in it.  If those who have access to the builder would merge this
fix, it should work:
http://github.com/elua/elua/commit/931773c8102eee79c122e551294c6c8244824878

Or, look at r634 in SVN for eLua.

-jsnyder

On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 9:55 AM, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> On Wed, Aug 11, 2010 at 20:03, Paul Verbeke <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>
>> Hi,
>> I was looking through some old posts and it seems that someone else had a
>> problem with MMC on the LM3S8962 board on April 22 2010. Mr Tze-Chien Chu
>> found that in the platform_conf.h file line 191 that it should read as
>> follows:
>> #ifndef SDC_SPI_NUM <--- Original
>> #ifndef MMCS_SPI_NUM <--- To be modified
>> There is a good chance that this may be the problem with the LM3S6965 as
>> well.
>
> Sorry, I can't check this before next week.
>

>> I tried in vain to add it to the ROMFS in the web builder but that did not
>> work, did not really expect it to... Is there a way to add modified core
>> files to replace the originals from the trunk to the build in addition to
>> the ROMFS? I looked at the advanced settings too but could not find anything
>> there.
>
> Nope, not on the web builder (yet)
>
>> This would at least let users try out fixes like this beforehand.
>
> The web builder was first targeted at Lua-only programmers that would have
> too much trouble installing local toolchains. But it is nice to see it would
> be trusted and used by hard-core developers, as we plan to add more and more
> features to it.
>

>> If this is not possible could someone that has the right setup build a
>> binary with the above fix in it so I can try it?
>
> Sure, I'll be glad to do it but not before next week :( I'm out of Rio and
> I'll be offline from this afternoon until monday).
> Maybe someone else from my Lab, let's see.
>

>> Thanks,
>> Paul
>
> Thanks !
> Best
> Dado

PGP: http://fanplastic.org/key.txt
Phone: (847) 448-0386
Vagner nascimento Vagner nascimento

Re: Adding other files to web builder

Sure James, it was fixed in the webbuilder. I tested with LM3S6965 and it seems right.
Thanks,
Vagner