Add C++ module or driver to eLua

agostain agostain

Add C++ module or driver to eLua

Hi

I have a C++ library with features I would like to add to eLua. I have a own UART module that should substitute the common_uart and a library I would like to add. Both are in C++! is there a quick way to integrate them. has somebody done something like that before?

I can try using extern "C" tricks etc. but before I start that cumbersome process I would like to know if there is another way.

Hope to get some hints from you all!! ;-)

thanks guys

Re: Add C++ module or driver to eLua

On Tue, Apr 3, 2012 at 11:01 AM, agostain <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I have a C++ library with features I would like to add to eLua. I have a own
> UART module that should substitute the common_uart and a library I would
> like to add. Both are in C++! is there a quick way to integrate them. has
> somebody done something like that before?

Don't think so. As far as I know, we lack proper C++ startup code on
all the platform currently supported by eLua.

> I can try using extern "C" tricks etc. but before I start that cumbersome
> process I would like to know if there is another way.

There is certainly possible to do C++ with eLua, but prepare to invest
some effort into this.

agostain agostain

Re: Add C++ module or driver to eLua

Hi

I want to compile the platform drivers separately and include them as a library. how can I modify the conf.py file consequently (lpc17xx) ? Is there a sort of documentation for the conf.py file?

I don't want to compile the drivers every time.