ANN: eLua 0.6 released

Hi,

After quite a bit of time, we have a new official release (0.6). Please find the changes below:

* License changed to MIT
* Web page and documentation completely redesigned
* Documentation available offline
* Added documentation in portuguese
* Added support for AVR32 CPUs
* Added support for STM32 Cortex-M3 CPUs
* Added ADC module with support for moving average filters
* Added support for multiple toolchains
* Added an ls (or dir) shell command
* Added new examples: pong, tetrives, spaceship (games), logo (graphics), adcpoll, adcscope (ADC operations)
* Added the LTR (Lua Tiny RAM) patch
* ROM FS content can be specified per board now
* API semantic revisions (old code might not be compatible)

We made this new release public on the same day the Lua workshop started (and eLua was presented as part of the workshop), so we're naturally very excited about this :) Thank you for all your support.

Best regards,
Bogdan and Dado

Dean Hall Dean Hall

Re: ANN: eLua 0.6 released

Well done guys!  Thanks for your work.  eLua is good stuff.

!!Dean

On Oct 8, 2009, at 14:19 , Bogdan Marinescu wrote:

> Hi,
>
> After quite a bit of time, we have a new official release (0.6).
> Please find the changes below:
>
> * License changed to MIT
> * Web page and documentation completely redesigned
> * Documentation available offline
> * Added documentation in portuguese
> * Added support for AVR32 CPUs
> * Added support for STM32 Cortex-M3 CPUs
> * Added ADC module with support for moving average filters
> * Added support for multiple toolchains
> * Added an ls (or dir) shell command
> * Added new examples: pong, tetrives, spaceship (games), logo
> (graphics), adcpoll, adcscope (ADC operations)
> * Added the LTR (Lua Tiny RAM) patch
> * ROM FS content can be specified per board now
> * API semantic revisions (old code might not be compatible)
>
> We made this new release public on the same day the Lua workshop
> started (and eLua was presented as part of the workshop), so we're
> naturally very excited about this :) Thank you for all your support.
>
> Best regards,
> Bogdan and Dado

Re: ANN: eLua 0.6 released

Thank you Dean, for your kind words and for you support.

Our talk on the Lua Workshop 2009 was filmed and will send the links as soon as they become available.
Unfortunately, as it was mostly a portuguese-spoken even, I presented my part in portuguese. But Bogdan's (second half of the talk) was in english, as well as some 2~3 others too.

Thank you all again for the great work.

Sincerely
Dado