A Pretty Close to Perfect eLua MCU

Tony-12 Tony-12

A Pretty Close to Perfect eLua MCU

LPC18xx series:  http://ics.nxp.com/products/lpc1000/lpc18xx/

Partial goody list for the LPC1857: 150 MHz Cortex-M3, 136K SRAM (I think it's 96K + 40K blocks), 1MB flash, 100BaseT Ethernet MAC, HS USB 2.0, LCD controller, CAN controller,  and LQFP-208 package.  Availability sometime next year, price undetermined (but probably quite competitive).  Some models have an external bus.

--Tony

Re: A Pretty Close to Perfect eLua MCU

Hello guys,

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 18:14, Tony <[hidden email]> wrote:
LPC18xx series:  http://ics.nxp.com/products/lpc1000/lpc18xx/

Partial goody list for the LPC1857: 150 MHz Cortex-M3, 136K SRAM (I think it's 96K + 40K blocks), 1MB flash, 100BaseT Ethernet MAC, HS USB 2.0, LCD controller, CAN controller,  and LQFP-208 package.  Availability sometime next year, price undetermined (but probably quite competitive).  Some models have an external bus.

Yes Tony, we've seen this this week and I was about to add it to our "Other Kit Candidates" section on the User Labs wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Boards

Will do it soon and will also start a countdown timer for the LPC1857 release :)

Thanks for sharing this.

--Tony

Re: A Pretty Close to Perfect eLua MCU

Hi Tony,

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 12:14 AM, Tony <[hidden email]> wrote:
LPC18xx series:  http://ics.nxp.com/products/lpc1000/lpc18xx/

Partial goody list for the LPC1857: 150 MHz Cortex-M3, 136K SRAM (I think it's 96K + 40K blocks), 1MB flash, 100BaseT Ethernet MAC, HS USB 2.0, LCD controller, CAN controller,  and LQFP-208 package.  Availability sometime next year, price undetermined (but probably quite competitive).  Some models have an external bus.

Thanks! We saw this a bit earlier, and lots of tears fell down while reading those specs :) Also, I saw some plans for MCUs with more than 200k of RAM. If there is an eLua haven, this must definitely be it.

On Fri, Sep 24, 2010 at 18:54, Dado Sutter <[hidden email]> wrote:

................  and I was about to add it to our "Other Kit Candidates" section on the User Labs wiki at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Boards

Done.
But as it an MCU and not a kit, I've added it to our "Platform canditates and modules wish list" at http://wiki.eluaproject.net/Platforms

We might move it to a better section though ...