A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

Anfred Anfred

A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

Hi,

You are right, that looks like an extremely interesting platform. Unfortunately I still have 0 time to work on eLua, but I can provide some assistance if someone else starts doing it.

Anfred Anfred

Re: A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

My board arrived.  I didn't notice it has odd pin spacing before I ordered.  It will be hard to use with a bread board.  It also needs a power input to be soldered, usb or otherwise.  Great chip, bad implementation.

I would like to spend 1 hour per day porting elua to new hardware.  I have never done it before.  The tutorial is helpful though.  Do I need the board I am porting for?  I would go with the digistump OAK (to be released in Oct. 2015) if I could choose the best candidate.  I will not have that board for a few more months though.
Patrick Patrick

Re: A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

Another good board to look into would be the Particle (Spark) Photon. Internally it's a STM part (so theres and existing elua port that should be very close) with a broadcom wifi chipset. It's $19, but it will probably be much better supported from a tools perspective and they sell a FCC certified module with antenna for $12 (probably about $3 if you have the volume to go direct to USI) and it's very breadboard friendly.

If I ever find time I'm wanting to do a port for that myself, I've already got 4 of them and a JTAG shield sitting on my shelf. Let me know if you're interested in doing any work on it and I'll try to find some time to help.

Although I already know of a problem that is going to crop up, the license on the broadcom drivers. You won't be able to distribute it with eLua itself. But the Particle guys seem to have gotten around this somehow (although I can't find any trace of the driver source in their repo anywhere, there might be a binary blob buried somewhere).

On Fri, Jul 17, 2015 at 9:46 AM, Anfred [via eLua Development] <[hidden email]> wrote:
My board arrived.  I didn't notice it has odd pin spacing before I ordered.  It will be hard to use with a bread board.  It also needs a power input to be soldered, usb or otherwise.  Great chip, bad implementation.

I would like to spend 1 hour per day porting elua to new hardware.  I have never done it before.  The tutorial is helpful though.  Do I need the board I am porting for?  I would go with the digistump OAK (to be released in Oct. 2015) if I could choose the best candidate.  I will not have that board for a few more months though.

http://elua-development.2368040.n2.nabble.com/A-New-10-WIFI-Board-EMW3162-Needs-eLua-tp7578515p7578518.html
To start a new topic under eLua Development, email [hidden email]
To unsubscribe from eLua Development, click here.
NAML

Patrick Barrett  //  E X O S I T E  //  Minneapolis, MN  //  www.exosite.com
Anfred Anfred

Re: A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

Here is a better implementation of the emw chip:http://www.smartarduino.com/wifimcu-wireless-wifi-development-board-using-lua-from_p94744.html

It's funny how this new board became available almost exactly 1 month after I posted this topic about it's cousin board needing more development!
doit doit

Re: A New $10 WIFI Board EMW3162 Needs eLua!

The WiFiMcu:
WiFiMCU is developed based on  EMW3165.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/857552561/wifi-mcu-stm32f4-wifibroadcom-lua